Applications and Brochures

If you would like to submit your application we recommend starting the application process using our CityView portal system. Using this system provide a more streamlined and efficient processing of your application.

Start Your Application Here

If you have any questions about your application please call 403-335-3311.

Redesignation and Subdivision

Redesignation and Subdivision Brochures

Development & Building Permits

Permits must be obtained prior to starting any development or building.

Building Permits in Mountain View County are issued in accordance with the Alberta Safety Code Act to ensure that new construction meets provincial safety codes.  You may apply for a Building Permit once you have a Development Permit. Many people submit both applications at the same time however your Building Permit will not be issued until the Development Permit has been approved.

Building Permits are required to ensure your construction meets provincial safety codes. Your insurance may not cover a claim for an accident if you do not have a Building Permit in place. 

  • In accordance with the Safety Codes Act Permit Regulations 16 (1), work is to commence within 90 days of a permit issuance and is not to be abandoned for more than 120 days or the permit will expire. If the building permit expires, you must reapply for a new permit.

Electrical, Plumbing, Gas and Private Sewage permits may also be required, these are issued through the County office.

Development Permit Applications

Supplemental Forms

Building/Safety Code Permit Application

Building and Safety Codes Permit applications are not required to be completed if you are applying via the CityView Portal method however you will be required to submit the Owner Authorization form. Contact Permitting at 403-335-3311 if you have any questions.

Supplemental Forms and Checklists

Development and Building Brochures

Rural Living Guides / Green Acreages