Fireworks Permits & Regulations


Under provisions in the MVC Fire Bylaw (Bylaw 10/22), use of fireworks requires a permit year-round.

Mountain View County has two Fireworks categories: Consumer and Display.

Consumer Fireworks are defined as fireworks that are low-hazard and designed for recreational use.

Display Fireworks are defined as fireworks that are high-hazard and designed for professional use.

An online permitting system has been developed for Consumer Fireworks. If the permit does not get emailed to you directly please contact the office at 403-335-3311 ext 204.

Anyone planning Display or extensive firework useage is asked to fill out the Display Fireworks Application, or call the County office at 403-335-3311 ext 204 to obtain their permit or request more information.

  • Info! Required Fields *

    • I will only be burning burnable debris *
    • I have obtained permission from the Registered Land Owner. *
    • Is the property less than 10 acres? *
    • If property is less than 10 acres, have all adjacent landowners been notified? *
    • I will take sufficient precautions to ensure that the fire will be kept under control at all times. (Forest and Prairie Protection Act, RSA 2000, Chapter F-19 2003, Section 22) *
    • The fire will be attended at all times *
    • I accept responsibility for ensuring weather conditions are appropriate for conducting the burn *
    • I acknowledge Fire Permits are regulated by the Alberta Forest and Prairie Protection Act and Mountain View County Fire Bylaw 10/22 and agree to adhere to all provisions of the applicable legislation *
    • I have read and accept all of the above conditions *