You are invited to the Agricultural Beneficial Management Practices (BMPs) Tour in Acme Creek Watershed!
This event is open to anyone interested!
The tour will include:
- An update on the Phosphorus Watershed Project in Acme Creek Watershed
- Learn about the Alberta Phosphorus Management Tool that is used to assess the risk of phosphorus loss in watersheds
- Find out what BMPs have been implemented in the watershed to address phosphorus loss (stops will include advanced cattle watering and management, local feedlot innovations, riparian management and more)
- Get a chance to speak one-on-one with project team members and producers who have particpated so far
- Also learn more about Alternative Land Use Services (ALUS) funding and projects.
Registration and coffee starts at 9:30 a.m., with events beginning at 10 a.m.
Lunch is provided!
Please RSVP by Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
Contact Trony Ormann at 403-381-7106 or via email at email@example.com to register or for more information.
Hosted by: Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, and Intensive Livestock Working Group.
Alberta Beef Producers, Alberta Cattle Feeders' Association, Alberta Milk, Alberta Pork Producers, Alberta Chicken Producers, Alberta Hatching Egg Marketing Board, Alberta Turkey Producers, Egg Farmers of Alberta comprise the Intensive Livestock Working Group.