Planning and Development Services guides the development in the County to ensure a quality rural lifestyle while preserving the agricultural character.
Planning and Development oversees:
- The Municipal Development Plan (MDP), which serves as the framework for planning and development decisions in the County.
- Area Structure Plans that provide information to a potential developer regarding the amount, and appropriate types of development, permitted within the plan area; and guidance for Council when making decisions on development proposals for specific parcels of land.
- The Land Use Bylaw, which is designed to regulate and control the use and development of land and buildings within the County.
- Redesignation and subdivision and property in the County.
- Issuance of Building and Development permits as well as full permitting services.
Proposed Land Use Bylaw Changes
The County is proposing changes to the Land Use Bylaw, with a public hearing for the amending bylaw No. 05/17 on Wednesday April 12, 2017 at or after 9 a.m.
Below is the Request for Decision, Proposed Amending Bylaw and the outlines of the four recommended changes: