The Mountain View County Municipal Development Plan (MDP) identifies areas in the County suitable for potential growth. Not all areas identified have a current Area Structure Plan (ASP).
Area Structure Plans provide a sustainable land-use planning framework that will guide future subdivision and development with the areas designated in the ASP.
Steering Committees have been or are being formed comprised of County representatives, planning staff, community members, and where necessary, representatives from our urban municipal neighbours.
Please visit this page often for updates!
Economic Growth Node (South Carstairs) Area Structure Plan
The Economic Growth Node ASP Survey results are now available. Please review at the link below
- Next Steering Committee Meeting: Thursday, February 8, 2018 - 9 a.m. in Council Chambers
- Agenda: will be posted at later date
- 20171128 - Open House #2 Boards
- Steering Committee Terms of Reference amended by Council Nov 9, 2016
- Proposed ASP Boundary Map
- Plan Area Map
- Terms of Reference ASP Plan Review
- Terms of Reference Amended by Council November 9 2016
- 20161108 - Open House Boards